what does everything mean?

I had a tutorial last week and since then I’ve tried to simmer down what it was that she said. I think that mainly she referred to the things that she saw fresh, she asked if I had any problems with the decorative, and sometimes I do, at least in my head. She did say that I shouldn't leave any space for doubt when talking about my work. Something along the lines of yeah, its decorative, so what?
On the other hand she asked what I wanted my paintings to do. What is it that I want them to do to the public that comes and sees them? I stopped right there, with many explanations but short of one word to define that. I guess I need to define that word, fast, but it’s hard for me to simmer it one to one word.
On the other hand, I have discussing with Shere the whole "Colombian Artist". Believe it or not, it is a very important thing to talk about, or at least, to define for myself. Is my being Colombian a part of my work? At least it is in the colours that I choose. To be truthful those are the only colours I feel happy with. Strong, bright, colours. I don’t want to paint in greys; my life is anything but grey.
I guess it’s important for every artist to define or at least be aware of how their national identity affects their work. What does it all mean?
On another note, I have been working on my monster. Mainly helping Burnie (hope thats how you write it) build it, I can't weld, and many other things, so hes helping me out, a lot. The first monster I created in 3d was made out of clay; it’s like a little pet/baby for me. Now I’m doing a very big one, my size, I can actually fit it in there. I think it’s an important step. Also something else to think about.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario